The Big 4 Music Industry.

Questionnaire Analysis

Media Deconstructions

Music Magazine Montage

Thursday 10 May 2012

Evaluation Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and convention of a real media product?

As I have decided to aim my magazine at both genders aiming at an age of around 16 to 25, I had to research the forms and conventions used in real magazines in order to know how to gain the correct target audience.
 
 By conducting this research I have discovered that my target audience prefer modern language, bright colours, and up to date artists being interviewed.
  
By comparing my magazine to other real magazines I have clearly incorporated the forms and conventions used to gain my target audience. I have used bright colours, clear cover lines, bold mast head, up to date artists and other eye catching articles to lure the audience in. My contents page includes images of my artists as well as other mainstream artists that also aim to attract the same target audience. I have also included clear visible page numbers that include what that page will include and have embedded bright attractive colours that are eye catching to the audience. My contents page includes and article about my artists and also images that have been taken of that image in order to appeal to the audience. Like mainstream magazines I have included questions that would’ve been asked to the artists in order to give the audience an opportunity to get to know the artists better which is what many fans of an artist would want to do.
 
 Overall it is clear that my magazine uses forms and conventions that other mature magazines would include. By looking at these other magazines I have realised that this has helped me to create my magazine. By using obvious forms and conventions it is obvious to the target audience that this magazine is aimed at them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment