The Big 4 Music Industry.

Questionnaire Analysis

Media Deconstructions

Music Magazine Montage

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Privileges - The final Magazine Cover

This is the final Magazine cover called Privileges.

On the 30th Spetember 2011 Alex Walton, Sidmouth Herald photogrpaher, came in to host a media day for the whole of The King's School media students.

The begining of the day was an introduction to the world photography and gave us a presentation of some photos that he had previously taken that had been published in the newspaper. He gave us some crutial tips on how to get to the final product.

After that we got the chance to do some final photo shooting to produce a final photo for the magazine cover. My initial idea was to produce a performing arts magazine for the music and drama department of the school. Alex suggested that I should do a magazine that appeals to the whole of Sixth Form and so I changed my idea completely. So after taking Alex's ideas into consideration I decided on taking a few photos of my friends whilst they were working on their magazine covers which was when Alex suggested that I could use his state of the art camera. After taking a few practise shots I finally managed to persuade two of my friends to be in the finished product.

Learning all these new skills about photography has deffinately opened up my eyes to considering a career in photography. Alex's visit was deffinately an experience in its self as we were able to get first hand advice and use the tips he gave us to put them all into our magazine covers. 

If I could make any changes to what I have produced I would take more time into preparing what I should be focusing on and getting on with what I want the outcome to look like. By rushing at the last minute to produce a photo good enough to be the front cover made me panic a bit and I got really frustrated when something went wrong with what I was working on, but luckily enough I have learnt that not all things that we set out to do go as smoothly as some people may say. I will deffinately take away some good tips from Alex and what he has taught us and I will deffinately put these tips into good use in the future and hopefully go into a career where I can express everything I've learnt from the media day.

No comments:

Post a Comment